Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Adam Kelly's interview for GQ


Adam Kelly Selfingers buyer style icon fashion style street celebrity hairstyle fashion trends www izandrew blogspot com izandrew001


"There's a little bit of planning involved for the Fashion Week outfits. A little bit. But it's my job..." Dressed in a Tiger of Sweden suit, Dries Van Noten shoes and a Charvet shirt and tie, Selfridges Menswear Buying Manager Adam Kelly is patiently explaining just exactly how much effort goes into his much-photographed outfits. When he's not working it on street style blogs, Kelly is responsible for making sure that the Oxford Street department store keeps abreast of the key menswear trends. It's a full-time occupation that takes him to Milan, Paris and Florence - being shot by the likes of the Sartorialist and Tommy Ton, on the other hand, is really more of a hobby: "I'm very fortunate to do what I do, which allows me to get certain looks. But it's my love, my passion, so that comes through." Here he talks to GQ.com about Cary Grant, combining High Street with luxury and why his favourite suit is yet to come...

How many suits and jackets do I have? Oh God!Suits it's got to be over 70, with maybe 50 or 60 separate jackets. I've got quite a lot of clothes, it must be said. I have to be pretty meticulous in how I store them.You've got to go with wooden hangers and they're all covered in suit bags to keep them away from the dreaded moths.
Read more »

No comments:

Post a Comment